Before you begin
- Make sure you have:
- An internet connection (internet service provider fees may apply).
- Sufficient data storage available on a computer, USB or external drive for the download.
- A blank USB or DVD (and DVD burner) with at least 4 GB of space if you want to create media. We recommend using a blank USB or blank DVD, because any content on it will be deleted.
- Read the System Requirements Below
- Latest OS:Make sure you are running the latest version of either Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 Update.
- Processor:1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor or SoC
1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit
- Hard disk space:16 GB for 32-bit OS 20 GB for 64-bit OS
- Graphics card:DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver
- If you will be installing the operating system for the first time, you will need your Windows product key (xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx).
If you’re on an Enterprise edition, the media creation tool won’t work for an upgrade.
Will you be running the tool from a 32 bit or a 64 bit device? Download the version for the device that will run the tool.
- Open System by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking System.
- Under System, you can view the system type.
All you will need if you meet these requirements, is to download the tool and click on upgrade this PC, it may take a few minutes, but it will be very easy to do.)
If you have any questions , post them below and we will answer them as timely as possible.